15th March 2018
Hormone Balancing GuidelinesTreatments & Therapies
Eat at least 3 meals per day.
- Breakfast jump starts metabolism; if breakfast is skipped, metabolism slows down into conservation mode which can lead to weight gain.
Eat protein at each meal.
- Eggs, fish, lean meats
- Vegetarian sources such as beans/legumes, nuts and seeds, good quality protein powders
Cut down on refined and high glycemic foods.
- This means baked goods, most sweet treats, breads, pasta, white rice and the like.
Consume whole grains in moderation.
- Instead focus on getting your carbohydrates from starchy vegetables like yams and sweet potatoes, fruit and beans and legumes.
Eat a wide variety of fruits and vegetables.
- Aim for at least 5 x 1⁄2 cup servings of vegetables/day.
- Think colorful – lots of dark green, purple and orange/yellow fruits and veggies.
Eat healthy fats every day.
- Grass-fed butter, ghee, coconut oil and cold pressed olive and avocado oils are great every day options.
- Place additional focus on essential Fatty Acids (EFAs); good sources include free range eggs, flax, hemp, chia, walnuts and cold water fish such as salmon and halibut.
Include anti-oxidant protection.
- Combat cellular damage & inflammation from free radicals from phytonutrients found in turmeric, ginger, garlic, onions, green tea, dark leafy green veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage & Brussels sprouts.