What is Holistic Nutrition?
Most think of nutrition superficially – eat poorly and you’ll get fat. But proper nutrition built on fresh, natural, wholesome foods can put your overall physical, mental and emotional health in balance, not just your outward appearance.
“Something as simple as food can make such a big impact on how we feel in our daily lives.”Rhiannon Lytle
Holistic Nutrition at Integrative
Malnutrition is one of the leading causes of major health disorders in our society.
We are literally killing ourselves with our unhealthy diets.
And yet we persist. Most of us know the dangers of poor nutrition, but we don’t act on it. Often because we don’t really know how. We don’t know who to trust, where to start, or how to fit good foods into our busy lives.
At Integrative, our Registered Holistic Nutritionist can help you make changes that will add years to your life and help make them stick.
Integrative’s areas of specialty include:
- Anxiety and Depression
- Detoxification and Cleansing
- Disordered Eating
- Food Allergies and Sensitivities
- Inflammatory Conditions
- Sports Nutrition
- Vegan and Vegetarian Nutrition
- Weight Loss
Nutrition is not just about weight loss and we want to ensure our patients have all the appropriate tools they need to stay healthy. In light of this, our in-house Registered Holistic Nutritionist, Rhiannon Lytle, has developed protocols and menu plans that support the various needs of our patients. These programs allow us to provide you with a more structured nutrition approach with built-in accountability, real time adjustments, and the support you need to be successful.
Each monthly program includes:
- Initial consultation (1 hour) which includes lifestyle and dietary assessment and explanation of nutrition protocols.
- 3 x 20 minute weekly check ins (to be used weekly during the duration of the program)
- Unlimited email support
- 4 weeks’ worth of detailed menu plans and recipes to support nutrition changes and keep things interesting
- Reduced rate for food sensitivity testing (optional)
- NOTE – supplements may be recommended (optional) and will be at an additional cost
We offer personalized one-on-one and couples consultations, as well as meal planning to help you select delicious, natural foods that you’ll look forward to eating. We’ll work with you to create a plan that suits your unique health history, nutritional needs, personal goals and lifestyle. Book in for a complimentary consultation with Rhiannon to find out if our nutrition programming is right for you and to help you decide which program to move ahead with.
Our current programming includes:
- Get Started with Whole Foods – if you need to get back to basics with fresh, local, whole, REAL foods, then this is the program for you. Let us help you get back on track.
- Ketogenic Diet – this may be a good option for you if you have high blood sugar levels/diabetes that aren’t responding to conventional treatments OR if you have a cancer diagnosis.
- Adrenal Reset Diet – the BEST option if you are stressed, tired, overwhelmed, carry weight around your midsection, or have adrenal issues.
- Paleo – consider this program if you have digestive issues, or auto-immune concerns.
- Vegan/Modified Vegetarian – are you a vegan or vegetarian but want to make sure you’re doing it the healthy way and aren’t missing out on any nutrients? Let us take the guesswork out of it for you!
- Autonomic Recovery Program (ARP) – want to do something a little more drastic to reset your nutrition habits or do you have hormonal issues? Then the Autonomic Recovery Program might be a good fit.
Weight Management Program
The Weight Management Program at Integrative excels because it is personally tailored to you. You work directly with our Registered Holistic Nutritionist to create a plan that fits your tastes and lifestyle. This program focuses on long term weight loss that can be maintained rather than quick-fixes and fad diets. We will assess metabolic function, food sensitivities and gastrointestinal function to ensure your best success.
This program stands alone as is available to people who are not already under the care of one of our doctors.