Acupuncture During Pregnancy
Coordination between acupuncture sessions and consultations with your midwife or physician can prevent illness, harmonize pregnancy, encourage healing, and help prepare you for birthing.
- Subdue bouts of nausea
- Relieve pain and reduce stress
- Increase circulation to promote healing
- Improve lymphatic function
- Change breech presentation
- Natural preparation for birthing/induction
What are the effects of acupuncture?
- Reduces stress and negative emotions
- Calms and rebalance the mind and body
- Creates communication between the brain and central nervous system
- Encourages healthy growth and regulation of the fetus
- Increases endorphin secretions and neurotransmitters
- Promotes fertility, pre-conception, and prenatal health. The use of TCM for these areas of health goes back over 5000 years in China.
Additional reasons to consider acupuncture during pregnancy:
- Helps shorten time of labour
- Preparation of the perineum
- Decrease blood pressure
- Pain relief: headaches, joint problems, etc.
Acupuncture can start anytime during pregnancy. We recommend 1 treatment per month until 37 weeks then weekly afterwards until your baby arrives.
For more information, contact Dr. Karen Lam, Doctor of TCM, at our office – (604) 738-1012
Get the Latest from Integrative, Delivered
Semi-monthly content, directly from our team, straight to your inbox.