Your digestive system is at the forefront of your overall health as it takes in nutrients and eliminates waste products. When it suffers, so does the rest of your body. Digestive concerns can often be the first signs of further complications due to an impaired immune system, improper food intake and poor nutrient absorption.
Gastrointestinal conditions can include:
- Irritable bowel (IBS)
- Crohn’s disease and colitis
- Celiac disease
- Gastro esophogeal reflux disease
- Gas and bloating
- Constipation or diarrhea
- Abdominal pain
- Change in weight
- Poor appetite and difficulty absorbing during cancer treatment
“Herbs and natural agents can have a profound impact on gut health and improve common complains like bloating, abdominal pain and bowel function.”Dr. Katie Leah, N.D.
Embarrassed? Don’t be. Digestive problems are among the most common conditions we treat, meaning that you are not alone and are in good hands.
If you are suffering from any of the above conditions, we may run one or more of these test:
- Diet diaries and profiles
- Lab and stool testing for food sensitivities
- Parasite testing
- Gastrointestinal permeability and toxicity profiles
- Gluten intolerance and celiac testing
- Liver metabolism status
We are committed to the least invasive, most effective treatments that go to the root cause of your symptoms so you can live your life comfortably, with the knowledge of how to avoid gastrointestinal conditions in the future.
Changing your eating habits with the addition of herbal, botanicals and nutritional supplementation is often enough to address some gastrointestinal issues. However, we have many other tools to correct your digestive condition including:
- Dietary modification
- Medically directed cleansing and detoxification
- Food elimination and controlled diets
- Botanicals and homeopathic medicines
- Traditional Chinese
- Medicine and Acupuncture
- Relaxation and meditative approaches for stress management