Happy New Year’s! I sure am looking forward to 2018 hope you had a wonderful holiday season with family and friends and have your best, healthiest year yet.
The New Year is a natural time to reflect on the previous year and think about ways to improve in the days, weeks and months to come. If you’re a “resolutions” type of a person, I encourage you to ask yourself a few things before you commit:
· Is my goal/resolution realistic? Will I be able to follow through with this even on my busiest days/weeks?
· Is my goal specific? Do I actually understand clearly what I am working towards?
· What is the intention behind all of it? Am I doing this for the right reasons?
Getting really clear on what you want to work on makes this so much more manageable and easier to follow through with, which means better results for you!
So, as a way to start the year off right, here is my Gentle Liver Tonic recipe to cleanse the holiday cheer and get you on your way to a healthy 2018. Now, fair warning, this isn’t the best tasting concoction, but it sure works well to support proper liver functioning.
· 1 bag of dandelion root tea (help our digestive system and liver function by helping to regulate the flow of bile; BONUS – high in Vitamin C, a great nutrient for cold and flu season)
· 1 tsp raw honey
· 1 tsp apple cider vinegar – helps to boost overall digestion, including liver function
· 1 tsp ground turmeric or a 1-inch piece fresh – reduces inflammation and also supports the liver!
Brew dandelion tea in a mug of boiling water. Let steep for 3-4 minutes. Combine tea and remaining ingredients in a blender and process until smooth. If you’re not using fresh turmeric root, you could also blend with a milk frother or just stir, although the texture won’t be as smooth.