1. What does ICAP and community assistance mean to us at Integrative?
Here at Integrative Naturopathic Medical Centre (INMC), we have been providing holistic health services that target the root cause of illness, disease or dysfunction for over 30 years. We combine both traditional and conventional medicine to create comprehensive individualized health plans that work for you. We believe that naturopathic medicine should be accessible to everyone–which led us to create the Integrative Community Assistance Program (ICAP). ICAP builds off the same core holistic principles that the clinic was founded on, but focuses on providing accessible alternative naturopathic health care to those that otherwise may not be able to afford it.
2. What are the benefits of seeing an ND vs. MD?
- Addressing the root cause of disease
- Individualized treatment plans
- Doctor-patient collaboration and education
- Supportive therapeutic relationship
- Longer appointment times
- Holistic assessment of lifestyle, genetic, and environmental factors
- Potential improvement in energy, sleep, digestion, mood, pain etc.
- Addressing risk factors for health
- Preventative medicine
3. Which type of healthcare services are offered at Integrative?
- Integrative Primary Care Management
- Naturopathic and Clinical Testing
- Structural Assessments
- Integrative Treatment
- Laboratory services
- Intravenous (IV) therapies
- Intramuscular Injections
- Naturopathic Dispensary
- Physician grade supplements
- Natural products (cosmetics, health foods)
4. What do the visits look like?
The initial intake with a naturopathic doctor will be a thorough health history and may include any relevant physical exams over approximately 45 minutes. These longer appointments give us the opportunity to listen and learn about all the factors affecting your health to help determine the root cause of dysfunction or disease. All follow up appointments will be 35 minutes and could include any of the treatments listed above. Each visit, including the initial, is $33 paid at the time of the appointment, with a $23 return rebate mailed to you 4-8 weeks after the visit. Our dispensary products, in-house naturopathic testing, and laboratory services including intravenous and injection therapies are also provided at a discounted rate.
5. Who can access ICAP?
To be eligible for this program you must be on premium assistance through the Medical Services Plan (MSP) of BC. Therefore, if you pay full MSP premiums, you will not qualify. If this sounds like you and you would like to book an appointment or have any questions about ICAP please call 604-738-1012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For more detailed information on premium assistance in BC please visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/health-drug-coverage/msp/bc-residents/premiums/regular-premium-assistance
- To calculate your premium assistance eligibility please visit: https://extranet.gov.bc.ca/forms/gov/health/msppa.html
- If you qualify, you may apply for premium assistance by completing the following form: https://extranet.gov.bc.ca/forms/gov/health/msppa.html